Welcome to the first installment of Seacoast Fitness “Spotlight” featuring FIT TO LIVE circuit training in Dover, NH.
Recently some fitness friends of mine, who are very active in the Dover area fitness and wellness community (Jennifer Lake from Be One Yoga & Annie Wagoner from Core Nourishment), were raving to me about a new circuit training/fitness workout they were doing. They told me I NEEDED to go check out FIT TO LIVE and that I would love the unique combination of core, balance, coordination and strength training in every custom-designed workout at FIT TO LIVE!
Jenn and Annie really know their fitness, so I decided to head on over to Dover and see for myself what all the buzz was about. I met up with the owner Chris Dempsey ready to dive right into the customized (balance and core) circuit fitness workout late last week. I am training for two sprint triathlons and (maybe) a half marathon. Right now, I train 6 days a week…
Well, (I thought I was in decent shape) let me tell you that the FIT TO LIVE circuit workout that Chris took me through was awesome, full of variety, fun, VERY tough, a tremendous fitness challenge, a great cardio workout… and VERY humbling at the same time! And Jenn and Annie were right, I loved it! You will too. You’ll see why. (FIT TO LIVE circuit training video high, and lowlights to follow. Stay tuned…)
Let’s first get down to basics and shine the Seacoast Fitness “Spotlight” on FIT TO LIVE:
- What?: FIT TO LIVE is a functional fitness program where you move from station to station performing exercises where you will use and improve your CORE muscles, STRENGTH, BALANCE, COORDINATION and cardiovascular system. It is unlike any circuit workout you have ever done and it WILL improve your health & fitness. Here’s how!
- Where?: FIT TO LIVE‘s facility is located conveniently in downtown Dover, NH at 124 Washington Street ~ opened in January 2012 ~ and includes a wide variety of circuit training equipment, bands, med balls, some free weights, (Indo) balance boards, a variety of Swiss (or balance balls), a large indoor turf area and changing areas for men and women.
- Who?: Owner/Manager is Chris Dempsey. Chris is a certified and experienced fitness/personal trainer.
- When?: Weekly Circuit Class Schedule: Circuit Training is offered 8-9 sessions per day Monday thru Friday. So, YOU CHOOSE the time that works best for your circuit workout! Come when it’s most convenient for you. The first class is typically at 6am and the last class starts at 6pm. The Saturday session is at 9am. FIT TO LIVE is CLOSED on Sunday.
- OK, OK… So, how much?: FIT TO LIVE‘s rates/fees are: $99.00/month (no long-term commitment); for a 6-month commitment the rate drops to $89.00/month; for a 1 year commitment the rate is only $79.00/month; and couples are $159.oo/month. Compared to all the other crazy gym “deals” and discounts out there (that lock you into a contract and make you pay for a personal trainer, AND charge you for classes too), FIT TO LIVE is a such a bargain! You can come to FIT TO LIVE and workout every day, and twice a day if you like, and you get your OWN TRAINER coaching you in each and every session! For your membership fee, Chris DESIGNS & CUSTOMIZES the circuit workouts for you. Every day is a different workout and fitness circuit. Chris coaches and guides all members (“the FIT TO LIVE Tribe”) through the workouts. Now that’s the PERSONAL attention, coaching and variety of workouts you are looking for in your fall fitness routine, believe me. Yeah, THIS is what the buzz is about!
Now, here’s what the FIT TO LIVE circuit workout is supposed to look like:
As you can tell from this one FIT TO LIVE circuit training session, if you live on the Seacoast, are looking to get super fit and healthy this fall, want personal attention at your gym and like a lot of variety in your workouts, you NEED to go check out FIT TO LIVE. I can honestly tell you that, after just one circuit workout with Chris, my balance and leg strength were much improved (and I ran my best 10K in months 2 days later), and my core was SO much stronger that it relieved my lower back pain/tightness I had been battling all summer. Yes, all that AFTER JUST ONE FIT TO LIVE WORKOUT with Chris! I AM healthier thanks to FIT TO LIVE.
Well, my Seacoast fitness friends, I can promise you I’ll be heading back for round #2 soon and see if I can conquer that crazy Indo board and keep boosting my balance and curing my core. Take it from me, FIT TO LIVE circuit training will charge up your fitness!
~ DALY DEAL!: Mention SEACOAST FITNESS DALY and get $10 OFF your first month’s membership at FIT TO LIVE ~
[FIT TO LIVE is located at 124 Washington Street in Dover, NH. The main phone number is 603-969-3253 ~ Ask for Chris. The website is: http://fittolivenh.com. And yes, you can find FIT TO LIVE on Facebook and ‘LIKE’ their page at: https://www.facebook.com/FitToLiveNH].